Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A confession before a foolish thief

One day, a thief with an intention to steal, approached a hermit who was sitting under a tree in the middle of a barren crossroad. The hermit when he saw the person approaching him, with a startled reverie facial expression, he sensed the thief’s intention.
Sir, I am lost and I cannot find the way back to my home….do you know where these roads lead to? -said the thief,

The hermit replied:

Yes I do. But I too have a question which needs to be answered; and if you help me with it I will definitely help you.

The thief was surprised by the unanticipated request; and said:

I will try…if that is what you want me to do for answering my question.

The hermit said:

Well, I know of a fool who always try to steal from me the things that I do not have….

Isn’t he a fool?

Does not he know, that I am just a rag picker; and that I only have in my possession, a few pieces of used litters from peoples’ lives! He can take them away if he wants to!. … But I sadly surmise, that the ignorant fool is not in search of the litter. …

I care for him, and so, I want him to know that he is looking for his ‘find’ in the wrong place… he will never find anything that is of any importance for him here. All the treasures of the people in this place are long lost … and I am just trying to save a few beautiful souls.

But I am afraid that if I tell him this, he will not believe me; or rather worse, his will be disheartened by the knowledge of the truth.

So, please, tell me a way to make him understand without causing him any trouble or grief.

The thief replied:

Show him truth’s course, as you will do to me; I am sure he will understand.


-End-

No comments: